This qualification reflects the role of individuals establishing or carrying on business as a sole trader or contractor, as well as those supporting the establishment of a new venture as part of a larger organisation.
These individuals apply a broad range of competencies in varied contexts, using some discretion and judgement and relevant theoretical knowledge. They may provide technical advice and support to a small team.
The typical job roles that you could move into following this course include:
- New Business Operator
- Sole Trader
- Independent Contractor
Students are required to read the Student Handbook and agree to the Terms and Conditions prior to enrolment. All candidates must satisfactorily complete a language, literacy, and numeracy (LLN) assessment as well as a course suitability discussion during the enrolment process. You will receive course confirmation after your enrolment has been reviewed. All students require a valid Unique Student Identifier (USI).
A Certificate and Record of Result will be issued within 30 calendar days of you being assessed as meeting the requirements for the course. A Statement of Attainment will be supplied for partial completion.
- Candidates must be unemployed or under employed.
- Candidates must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or holders of a sub-class 309, 444, 785, 790, 820 or 826 visa; secondary holders of a temporary visa of sub-class 457; or holders of a Bridging Visa E (subclasses 050 and 051) where the visa holder has made a valid application for a visa of subclass 785 or 790
- Candidates under the age of 18 who are mandatory high school age must have an accompanying NOA or have an exemption.
- Proof of eligibility at the time of enrolment.
- The student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as Student service and resource fees.
- All fees and charges for funded training are taken from the DTWD VET Fees and Charges Policy. Please refer to our web site for more information.
- For RPL fees, please refer to the Fees and Charges Policy on our web site.
- Payment plans are available via EziDebit. Additionally, students who feel they are experiencing financial hardship should seek further advice from a Training Department staff member.
Further information, policies & procedures are located in the Student Handbook as well as within the student information section of our web site. Please ensure you read the Student Handbook before registering.
Course operated by ABV – RTO 52592.