Employability Skills Training (PaTH)
Employability Skills Training (EST) is part of the Government’s Youth Jobs PaTH initiative (Prepare – Trial – Hire)
Australian Business and Vocational Training provide EST training that is aimed at giving Job Seekers aged 15 to 24 a broad grounding in a variety of industries and work-related behaviours.
We empower Job Seekers to make meaningful decisions about their careers and don’t lock them into pathways they don’t want to pursue.
Individualised Career Action Plans
We work with Job Seekers to identify their goals and then help meet them by designing an individualised Career Action Plan.
The individualised career plan will also help to organise internships in the industry they are interested in, giving valuable experience and a foot in the door.
Industry Awareness Experiences
Australian Business and Vocational Training organises Industry Awareness Experiences to help Job Seekers learn more about the industry they want to work in.
These are run with our industry partners and involve a mixture of practical placements and formal classroom presentations. We also go over what the chosen industry’s future needs will be, the specific skills they will require, and what training they can do to make the most of that information.
Training Block 1
- Communication skills
- Goal setting
- Positive attitude towards work
- Resume and cover letters
- Individualised Career Action Plan
Training Block 2
- Advanced job-hunting skills
- Career development
- Mock interview with real employers
- Industry awareness experience
- Labour market skills
- Tailored resume and cover letters
Experience Our Innovative Approach to Supporting Job Search.
- Receiving Job and Internship alerts during and post EST from the ABV Employer Engagement team
- Simplifying job applications
- Maintaining a record of jobs or internships that have been applied for
- Reducing the time in developing application letters by using the LetterWizard