Our ParentsNext programs helps eligible parents to plan and prepare for employment by the time their children go to school.
We will work with you to help set education and employment goals, develop a pathway to achieve them and link you to services and activities in the local community.
You don’t have to look for work immediately, however, it’s important to think about your study and work goals for when your children are school aged.
Our program centres around parents and their families and we understand that each parent has unique circumstances that can impact their ability to study or look for work.
At Stirling Skills Training we tailor our services to parents needs and if link them to community agencies which can support them to achieve their personal, education or work goals.
Each site has a kid’s zone which is stocked with toys, books,games and a TV to entertain, while our Engagement Officer’s work with parents to:
- Identify strengths
- Identify education and employment goals
- Develop a pathway to achieve goals
- Explore affordable and suitable child care options and investigate child care subsidy entitlements
- Balance preparing for work activities with parenting responsibilities
- Cccess services in the local community.
- Schedule appointments to provide regular support
- Identify and address barriers to employment
- Develop practical skills needed to gain employment
- Voluntary participants are eligible if you:
- Receive Parenting Payment
- Don’t have to take part but would like help with study or work goals
- Live in an Intensive Stream location, and
- Have a child younger than 6
– CHECK BACK SOON AS WE ADD MORE COURSE LOCATIONS –